Friday, July 13, 2007

Teach Me to Pray!

www.heartlight.org

Lord, Teach Me to Pray!


One time Jesus was praying in a place. When Jesus finished
praying, one of his followers said to him, "John taught his
followers how to pray. Lord, teach us how to pray too."

-- Luke 11:1 (ERV)


KEY THOUGHT:
So many books have been written about prayer. Most of us have attended
classes that chose prayer as their subject matter. Yet, when was the
last time you gave serious time to looking in the Gospels (Matthew,
Mark, Luke, and John) and studying Jesus as he prayed, what he taught
about prayer, and what the importance of prayer is? Why not commit to
spending several months with a hilighter reading the Gospels? As we
read, let's ask Jesus each day, "Lord, teach me to pray!" While we pray
in the power and authority of Jesus' name every day, let's also commit
to learning to pray as Jesus prayed.


TODAY'S PRAYER:
Holy God and Almighty Father, thank you for giving me the avenue of
prayer to speak with you, to seek you, and to come into your presence.
I recognize that prayer is a gift from you, ensured and assisted by the
intercession of your Son and the Holy Spirit. Please, dear Father, lead
me and guide me in my efforts to learn to pray as your Son prayed and
as he taught his disciples to pray. I long to draw nearer to you, to
honor you more completely with all of my being, and to open my will up
to your will. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Kewl Nitrox said...

Amen, praise God for His precious gift of prayer!