Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Send Me!

www.heartlight.org

VERSE:
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8


THOUGHT:
Church worship on Sunday is not the goal of our life here on
earth. As important as church worship and personal praise are, they
are only part of our goal. We are here to glorify God with both our
lips and our lives, with our hearts and our hands. With the world
around us caught up in Satan's traps, God wants us to hear his call
to us in our church and private worship and respond by saying,
"Here am I. Use me!" Then he wants us to enter the world
redemptively, making a difference in our "public worship" of
ministry.

PRAYER:
Loving God, Rock and Refuge of my soul, thank you for giving me
the experiences I've had in my life. Thank you for the abilities
you placed in me while you fashioned me in my mother's womb. Thank
you for the gifts your Spirit molded in me when I became your
child. Now, dear Father, please help me to know how and where I am
to use these gifts in your Kingdom and to bless those in the world,
so that I can help bring others to you, help build up the Body of
Christ, and bless your people. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Den,

The moment we enter into worship is when we gave our life to the Lord after having heard the good news, believed in Jesus, repented and confessed our sins, baptized into His death and clothed in Jesus (His blood) and living Christlike 24/7. From there, worship never ends, nor shouldn't it!

Today, people think this way, "I am going to church to worship God for a few hours then I'll return home "from" worship." Are we thinking that "worship" is at a certain period of time? Shouldn't be! Worship is life, everlasting!

Therefore, there are "Remote Control Christians" where they will push, "pause", "stop", "play", "fast-forward", "menu", "power-off", "power-on" etc.

"Pause" is to take the time away from God, from helping others and become self-centered.

"Stop" is to cease worshipping God until "I" am available for God.

"Play" is when it "is" time to worship God. (And, God might say, finally you're at My table!)

"Fast-forward" is developing a mentality that you want to "rush" worship.

"Menu" gives the user a list of things to do so he/she finds something that catches his/her eyes.

"Power Off" is to be disconnected from God, from worship, from servanthood, etc.

"Power On" is available to re-connect to God (they're thinking God understands)..

Sadly, there are many, many, many "Remote Control Christians". They want to be "in control", not "Spirit controlled"!!

Here's the truth!: "You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." Romans 8:9 (niv)