Friday, July 06, 2007

Strengthen My Heart

www.heartlight.org

VERSE:
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a
throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the
temple. Isaiah 6:1


THOUGHT:
We often view difficult times, crisis times, as bad because the
circumstances we face are very hard. But difficult times can also
be an opportunity for our hearts to re-awaken to the steadfastness
and the gloriousness of God, as well as our great need for him in
our lives. The crisis of Uzziah's death for Israel and Isaiah
became the great opportunity for Isaiah to see God in a fresh way
and to be called into a special ministry for God. How can God use
your crises, hardships, trials, and difficulties? Why don't you ask
him to show you!

PRAYER:
Holy God, I confess that I get discouraged enduring hardships. I
sometimes wonder where you are and why you have forgotten me. Deep
in my heart, dear Father, I know you are there. But sometimes, O
God, it is difficult to keep my faith burning brightly when I don't
hear your voice or see you face to face. Please strengthen my heart
with your Holy Spirit and help me "see" you in a fresh way so that
I will open myself to you and be tuned more perfectly for your
service. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: