Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Don't Want To Sin

May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me, O
Lord, the LORD Almighty; may those who seek you not be put to shame
because of me, O God of Israel. Psalm 69:6

What a beautiful prayer for any Christian. In a world that is so
self-absorbed, isn't it refreshing to be reminded of the powerful
impact for good and bad that we can have? Let's not only be
reminded of the devastating impact of our hypocrisy and rebellion,
let's also pray that our failures will not be destructive to the
Kingdom's increase nor to our brothers and sisters in Christ as
they seek to serve and honor the Lord.

I do not want to sin. I know it is
rebellion against you and it breaks your heart.

I do not want to sin because I know it diminishes me and makes me even more
vulnerable to Satan's attacks in the future.

I don't want to sin and bring disgrace upon your cause

I don't want to sin and be the cause of those seeking you to stumble. Please
forgive my sins, but please Father, strengthen me and help me not
stumble in my time of temptation.

No comments: