Monday, January 01, 2007

Just Pray

Do you want to know how to deepen your prayer life? Pray.
Don't prepare to pray. Just pray. Don't read about prayer. Just pray.
Don't attend a lecture on prayer or engage in discussion about prayer.
Just pray.

Posture, tone, and place are personal matters. Select the form that
works for you. But don't think about it too much. Don't be so
concerned about wrapping the gift that you never use it. Better to
pray awkwardly than not at all.

And if you feel you should only pray when inspired, that's okay. Just
see to it that you are inspired every day.

-Max Lucado in When God Whispers Your Name

Happy New Year, friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You are right.I realize that I think more about prayer than actually praying.

Your posts are helpful.

Fitness4God said...

Hi anonymous,

I am glad to hear my posts are helpful.

Thank you.. God bless you.

Kewl Nitrox said...

So true and very relevant to me right now. I have been finding in the last few weeks that when I JUST PRAY, the peace and intimacy with God JUST COMES. Amen!