Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hungry for God?

Pray it through...

Read Psalms 42:1
As a deer gets thirsty for streams of water, I truly am thirsty for you, my God.

Has your soul gets thirsty for God? What was it like? What did you do about it?

Read the following Scriptures slowly, allowing them to penetrate your heart. Ask the Holy Spirit to deepen your sense of longing, hungering, thirsting, and desperation for God.

Then Moses replied, "If you aren't going with us, please don't make us leave this place. But if you do go with us, everyone will know that you are pleased with your people and with me. That way, we will be different from the rest of the people on earth." So the LORD told him, "I will do what you have asked, because I am your friend and I am pleased with you." Then Moses said, "I pray that you will let me see you in all of your glory." Exodus 33:15-18

You are my God. I worship you. In my heart, I long for you, as I would long for a stream in a scorching desert. Psalms 63:1

God blesses those people who depend only on him. They belong to the kingdom of heaven! God blesses those people who want to obey him more than to eat or drink. They will be given what they want! Matthew 5:3,6

You will turn back to me and ask for help, and I will answer your prayers. You will worship me with all your heart, and I will be with you. Jeremiah 29:12-13

If you are thirsty, come and drink water! If you don't have any money, come, eat what you want! Drink wine and milk without paying a cent. Why waste your money on what really isn't food? Why work hard for something that doesn't satisfy? Listen carefully to me, and you will enjoy the very best foods. Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.
Isaiah 55:1-2,6

Are you starting to develop a healthy hunger for more of God? Tell Him about your longings. Ask Him how and when you can get away for an extended time with Him. If there are things that make you hesitate, confess these openly to Him and invite Him to help you.

I encourage you to set aside the time. Find a place of silence and solitude. Consider adding fasting. Go have an extended talk with God. What you find there will be a gift you treasure forever.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33

I longed for prayer retreat with my prayer warriors.

No comments: