Thursday, July 20, 2006

Three Kinds of Life

There are three kinds of life mentioned in the Bible:

Physical life -union of the soul with the body.

Spiritual life - union of the soul with God.

Eternal life - eternal union of the soul with God.

Jesus said, My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me. John 10:27-28

The gift of God is eternal life. One receives this gift when he believes in Jesus as his own personal Savior. Having eternal life, he will never perish.

You can work for sin but is is a cruel master. When it pays you off, its wage is death - separation from God forever. God does not pay wages. He has a free gift to offer - ETERNAL LIFE. There is nothing that one can do to earn this gift. If one could earn it, it would not be a gift, it would be wages. ETERNAL LIFE is just that - ETERNAL - it never ceases.

Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments: