Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rejoice & Pray

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 16:23


Help me always to be joyful and to pray continually, giving thanks
to you in all circumstances, since this is your will for me in
Christ Jesus.

May I never put out the Spirit's fire in myself. May I never be
contemptuous of the prophetic word and the interpretation of it.
But let me test everything I hear. Help me hold on to what is good,
and to avoid everything that is evil.

In the name of your Holy Son, Jesus, who gave us the Spirit, I
pray. Amen.

No comments: