Wednesday, February 08, 2006

To Know and To Love God

What does God wants?

"I don't want your sacrifice - I want your love. I don't want your offering- I want you to know me", says the Lord. Hosea 6:6

Instead of trying to do and say all the right things to make God love you, you need to realize he already loves you. You just need to learn how to love him back. God wants to help you to know him and love him more. All you need to do is ask.

So help me, Father, to know and love you more today.

The first purpose of your life is to know and to love God because that gives God pleasure. The most important thing you can know in life is that God loves you.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness," says the Lord.
Jeremiah 31:3

The most important thing you can do in your life is love him back.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:37-38

God knows everything about you and he still loves you. His deepest desire is for you to know him and love him in return.

God, if I do not get anything done today, help me to know you a little bit better and love you with a little bit more. If, at the end of the day, I know you a little better and I love you a little more, I will have not wasted this day.

No comments: