Thursday, December 29, 2005

Unceasing Prayers

Fellow Workers

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with {an attitude of} thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, {as though} seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. Colossians 4:2-6

Help me to be steadfast in my praying to you, even to stay awake that I may pray! Fill my life with thanksgiving to you.

I pray for all your servants everywhere that you may open a door for us to proclaim your Word, to declare the now-public secret- Christ crucified, glorified, and coming - and to make the message clear, as we ought to speak.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to fill our lives with your holy life.



1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Can't imagine being buried 2 miles in the grave (the W.Va. Miners). My heart goes out to them and their families. The CO level is pretty high and the rescuers working hard are feeling discouraged about it.

Lord, help them in their time of troubles. Like Jesus, raise them up out of the "grave" (dirt). Let us give You glory!