Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Seeking The Father In PRAYER

Seeking the Father "And now about prayer. When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I assure you, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you." Matthew 6:5-6

Jesus is reminding us that God has sent us an invitation to visit with him in prayer. Prayer is about developing a relationship and dependency upon God as Father.

In almost every place you go and visit with Christians, there is a deep, underlying conviction: Our walk with the Lord, our life of discipleship, our power over sin, and our love for God would all be greatly enhanced with more time in prayer. Without realizing it, a culture obsessed with privacy finds its most intimate and private gift, prayer, lived out in public more than in private.
Prayer is about developing a relationship and dependency upon God as Father, not about being seen. To give up that for the approval of the crowd is not only shameful, Jesus says it's damning.

Brothers and sisters, when we get together to pray, do not let it become more of a "gossip/critic arena" rather than a "discipline and solemn time of prayer to God". We should not be looking for something "interesting" instead of a feeling of coming into the "throne room of God" where we can awesomely pray to Him!

Please read Mark Lowenstein's IMMEASURABLE PROPORTIONS.
How often do we kneel before God in prayer for His church? To kneel before God shows your humility before God.
http://marklowenstein.blogspot.com/2005/03/immeasurable-proportions.html

Thank you, Mark!

My House Will Be Called A House of Prayer for All Nations. Isaiah 56:7
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16-18

PRAYER:
Father,
I want to know you and experience your attending presence. Forgive me for the times I have prayed in ways that drew attention to me instead of focusing on my relationship with you. Time in your presence is such a gift! Thank you. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for giving me such an awesome gift. Thank you for your Holy Spirit who intercedes for me when I pray. Thank you that I can pray with confidence knowing that I will be heard because of the mighty name of Jesus, through whom I pray.

Amen.

No comments: