Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Life Changing PRAYER

Regardless of your age, the rest of your life can be the best of your life if you start living on purpose today.

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Roman 8:28

The purpose of my instruction is that all the Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith. 1 Timothy 1:5

Father,

More than anything else I want to live for you and the five purposes that you created me to fulfill.

I want to become like Jesus in the way I think and feel and act.

I want to use the shape you have given me for a ministry to other beleivers in the Body of Christ.

I want to be used to build the fellowship of your family, the church.

I want my life to bring you pleasure as I live a lifestyle of worship.

I want to fulfill my mission in the world by telling others about your love. Help me to reach one more for Jesus. Help me to pass on the message of your purposes to others.

David...served the purpose of God in his generation. Acts 13:36

God called David "a man after my own heart". He dedicated his life to fulfilling God's purpose on earth. Imagine it chiseled on your tombstone: You served God's purpose in your generation! It's my prayer that people will be able to say that about you.


Dear Lord,

I want to serve your purposes in my generation so that one day I may hear you say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

In Jesus' name,
Amen

MEDITATIONS on the Purpose-Driven Life By Rick Warren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We do not pray for great works of God, prayer is the great work of God!"

Anonymous said...

"When we pray to God, we show our desperation for God's mercy!"