Friday, March 18, 2005

Don't Worry About Everyday LIfe

So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are. Matthew 6:25-26

What allows you to go to bed at night and not worry about tomorrow? Jesus does not want us overly concerned with things that are not of ultimate value to God. In fact, he wants us to know that we are of ultimate value to our Father, so we can trust him for the basics. We should not be overly troubled with the basic needs of life. This does not mean we are to be irresponsible or freeloaders, it does mean that we should develop our sense of values so that the focus of our life is not on material needs. As God has declared us of ultimate value by sending his Son to redeem us, we commit to pursue what is of ultimate value -- the Father and his Kingdom. When we do that, the necessities will fall into place.

Need evidence? Want proof? Look at the birds which regularly receive God's care and we are worth a whole lot more to him than they are!

Prayer..
Father,
You have poured your blessings into my life so richly. Forgive me when I worry about things that are not important, especially the material things that distract me. I do believe You will provide all I need as I seek your will, your face, and your Kingdom. Pray your name will always be holy!

In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.


No comments: