Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Paul"s Thanksgiving and Prayer

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy because you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again. It is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a very special place in my heart. We have shared together the blessings of God, both when I was in prison and when I was out, defending the truth and telling others the Good News. God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus. I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:3-11

Prayer:
Dear precious Father,

Help our love to abound more and more, with knowledge, so that we may approve what is excellent, and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruits of righteousness that come through Jesus Christ, to your glory and praise!

In Jesus name we pray,
Amen.

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Though, I didn't notice it was down there, I love the picture of the soldiers in Iraq kneeling down and praying to our Lord! As I read Paul's letter to the church in Philippi, he mentioned that he was in prison and out. He did all this for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ (the good news!)

We, like Paul, will be "in and out of prison", too! We will have some good days and some bad days. Paul wrote above saying, "For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns." Lord, help us persevere and praise You in times of trials.