Monday, November 08, 2004

Our Storms of Life

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Matthew 7:24;27 talks about two men built houses: one wise and the other foolish. Both houses experienced the difficulties of life: rains, floods and winds. The strong endured and the weak perished. The same with our spiritual existence. Some will stand and others will stumble.

FLOODS: David, at one point in his life he felt as if he were drowning ( Psalm 69:1-4 ). Have you ever felt overwhelmed by daily struggles, frustrations and life? We panic, struggle, and fight to get to the top, like struggling for a breath of air. Jesus has a solution for us: Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 - 30

WINDS: The winds of CHANGE are blowing. Some things must never change such as the Bible Truth, Worship, Salvation and Doctrine. Satan is constantly blowing the wind to change us and destroy our relationship within church members. The Devil tries everyday to change our mind and shake our foundation with the Lord. He's trying RIGHT NOW.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58

RAINS: Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong. Matthew 5:45

Droughts may come but they are always followed by life giving rain. Too much rain can erode the soils. The rain of life are evils that eat away our Spiritual foundation. Evils such as materialism, gossips, indifference, criticism, adultery, etc. We need to strength our foundation against these evil rains by growing in faith.



2 comments:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Amen!

There will always be a trap set before us as we walk the life of Jesus. Traps are: floods, winds and rain.

"In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth."

Psalm 31:1-5 (NIV)

gRacE said...

In those times is when we should look and focus on God: "the author and finisher of our faith"