Thursday, September 06, 2007

"Busy-ness"

www.heartlight.org

VERSE:
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own
business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that
your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you
will not be dependent on anybody.
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

THOUGHT:
What's your ambition? I don't know about you, but I'm not so
sure I could say my ambition is to "live a quiet life ...." But
when I hear the reason for that directive, I understand. So many
people I meet are frazzled, run down, and exhausted with all their
"busy-ness."
So let's make a commitment to cycle down a little,
trust God more and more each day, and seek to live a life that wins
the respect of those around us!

PRAYER:
O precious and righteous Father, I need your help to learn to
slow down and tend to my own responsibilities instead of running
around out of control and without purpose. Please grant me not only
the wisdom that I have been praying for, but also the patience and
quietude that I need for that wisdom to change my heart and mind.
In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

No comments: