Friday, September 07, 2007

Be A Friend

VERSE:
Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
1 Corinthians 10:24


THOUGHT:
Isn't it amazing how the more we try to fix things for
ourselves, the more we focus on "looking out for number 1," and the
more we also find ourselves isolated from meaningful relationships
that make life worth living. "If you want to have a friend, then be
a friend," the saying goes. You know what? It's right! It's easy to
seek what is only for our own good. That's what most folks do as a
matter of course. But what makes Christians redemptive, what makes
them like God, is their willingness to think of others before
themselves!

PRAYER:
Father, forgive me, because I know that I am often selfish and
seldom think through the implications of my decisions based on the
needs of others. I want to have the mind of Christ and be more
selfless and sacrificial with everyone who needs your grace and the
tenderness that you have placed within me to share with them.
Please bless me as I seek to be like your Son in this area of my
life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: