Monday, April 23, 2007

Search Me


"O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me"
Psalm 139:1

Each morning this week, during your prayer time, use Psalm 139:1-6. Read it through slowly each morning, concentrating on each phrase. Focus on a different verse each morning, turning it into your personal prayer and allowing the Spirit of God to speak personally to you. Keep that verse in your thoughts all day long, praying it as situations arise.

Jennifer Kennedy Dean
The Praying Life Foundation
www.nationaldayofprayer.org

O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You both precede and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!

Psalm 139:1-6

No comments: