Thursday, March 09, 2006

PERSONAL PRAYERS

Personal Prayers from Colossians...Christian's most powerful resource is communion with God through prayer.

Lord God, help me to remember to give thanks to You, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, in all things and to maintain an attitude of PRAYER. Colossians 1:3

Build in me a strong faith in You and a love for all the saints. Colossians 1:4

Fill me with the knowledge of Your will in all areas of my life. Colossians 1:9

Teach me to walk in a manner worthy of You and to please You in all things. Colossians 1:10

Help me to bear fruit daily in the work I do and increase in the knowledge of You. Colossians 1:10

Help me to be strengthened with Your power that I may have endurance and patience. Colossians 1:11

Help me to always remember that, as a believer, I have been delivered from darkness and brought into the kingdom of Your beloved Son. Colossians 1:13

I pray that You will have first place in everything in my life. Colossians 1:18

Father, I ask You to make my faith strong, stable, and fixed on the truth of the gospel. Colossians 1:23

Please knit my heart together in love with other believers in the body of Christ. Colossians 2:2

Create in me a good discipline and stability of faith in You. Colossians 2:5

Cause me to be firmly established in You, with a heart of gratitude. Colossians 2:7

Thank you, Lord, that through Your Son I have been made complete. Colossians 2:10

Teach me to keep seeking the things above, where Christ is seated at Your right hand. Colossians 3:1

Help me to focus my thoughts on Your purposes and not on worldy situations. Colossians 3:2

2 comments:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Den,

Thanks for taking the time in typing this long list of "Personal Prayers"!!

My personal favorite:
Colossians 1:10, "Help me to bear fruit daily in the work I do and increase in the knowledge of You."

Often, I pour out so much to others that I get so little back. I call (VP) a couple of mentors for spiritual renewal and food.. Your blog has been my food for over a year now (I believe)!! :)

Thanks, bro!!

Fitness4God said...

Mark..

Likewise bro..

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend!