Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hope

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
1 Timothy 2:1-4


Psalm 38:15
For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Psalm 39:7
And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

Psalm 42:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Psalm 71:5
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 119:81
My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.

Psalm 119:114
Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Psalm 119:116
Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Lamentations 3:24
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Philippians 1:20
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

No comments: