Wednesday, October 26, 2005

God's Holy Children

Our precious Kayla & her dear friend Angela.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11

For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:4-5

God wants us as his holy children. That was his plan for us even before the world began. God paid the huge price, the sacrifice of his Son Jesus, for our adoption into his family. God's motive in doing this? His desire and delight in loving us!

You are called to belong, not just believe. We were created by God and for God.

“You are members of God’s very own family, citizens of God’s country, and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.” Ephesians 2:19

Even though we are God's holy children, we also need to be aware of what time it is in our world. The evil one still exercises his control over the hearts of many people. God wants us to "redeem the time," making the most of every opportunity we have to touch the lives of others with his grace and to resist the temptation and overcome the opposition of the evil one.

Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16


Holy Father,

I am blessed and honored to be one of your adopted children and want to bring you joy in the way I live. Forgive me for the times I have disappointed you or not lived up to what you desire of me. I want my life to be a holy thanksgiving to you for your grace. Give me courage to boldly stand for you and sensitivity to know the best way to bless others according to their needs.

In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen
Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


2 comments:

Mark Lowenstein said...

I love this blog! There's nowhere else that I rather be than in the arms of the Father and among His family! Amen! There's more to belonging than believing. I pray that when people come to Jesus for salvation, they will also sense the strong love and belonging within His church. I pray that those who put a strain on fellow believers of God in the church will come to realize what he/she is doing and may be laying stumbling blocks along their way toward heaven.

Each of us need to feel the blessedness of Jesus and giving God our praises. And be forewarned that they are to be a daily example among other brothers and sisters (weak and strong)!

Ellie Hamilton said...

This is so strengthening and encouraging. Thank you for this post.