Thursday, September 29, 2005

Surrender To The Cross

The meaning of discipleship...

And anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:38-39

Jesus wants us to seriously look into our hearts and surrender those things that hold us back from fully following and serving Him. We know what they are. He comes to us with his nownail-scarred hands and reminds us that He gave up everything to save us. He now wants us to surrender to the Cross the things that hold us back. Let's do it now.

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:24

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20

Prayer:

Please remove the blindness from my eyes and help me see what keeps me from fully seeing Jesus as my Lord and what I need to do to live fully for him. I now confess the sins to you and ask that you cleanse me and liberate me from Satan's power that binds them to me and holds me back from whole-hearted service to your Son. Help me to keep my eyes on Jesus.

In sweet Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2

No comments: