Friday, April 01, 2005

Praise God for His Holy Spirit

According to the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit, sent by God, is the divine principle of activity in the world. For Christians the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity, which is three aspects of God, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit comforts us. Jesus called Him the Comforter.
But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you. John 14:26 How wonderful that God loves us enough to send His Spirit to comfort us.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of wrongdoing. He convicts us of wrongdoing but he does not condemn us for it. There is a great difference. Once leads to restoration and the other leads to defeat. "When He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement." The Spirit will come and show the people of this world the truth about sin and God's justice and the judgment. John 16:8

The Holy Spirit enables us to obey God. It is impossible to obey God in all things without the enablement of the Holy Spirit. "We have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter." But the Law no longer rules over us. We are like dead people, and it cannot have any power over us. Now we can serve God in a new way by obeying his Spirit, and not in the old way by obeying the written Law. Romans 7:6

The Holy Spirit guides us. We cannot get to where we need to go without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. "When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak and He will tell you things to come." The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen. John 16:13


The Holy Spirit teaches us. What the Holy Spirit teaches us is far beyond what we can learn from man. "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name. He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you. John 14:26

There is so much to be grateful for which regard to the Holy Spirit and praise to God for GIVING US His Spirit. Praise God everyday for the Holy Spirit's appearance in your life.

Ask yourself, "what would my life be like without the Holy Spirit?"

Jesus,

Thank you for sending me the Comforter and Helper to teach and guide me everyday. Thank you, Holy Spirit, that You enable me to do what I could never do on my own. I praise you for the wisdom, revelation and knowledge that You communicate to me. I love You and the joy You bring into my life.

In Jesus's name,

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to remember this: the Holy Spirit is a PERSON, not a thing. He is, not "it" is. And, rightly so, praise God for Him, the Holy Spirit, for He loves us, comforts us, guides us and convicts us!