Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Teach God's Commandments To Your Children


VERSE:
Teach them [God's commandments] to your children, talking about
them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when
you lie down and when you get up.-
Deuteronomy 11:19

THOUGHT:
Moses gives us three crucial messages about God's commandments.
First, as parents, it is our responsibility to teach them to our
children -- not the responsibility of the government, or of the
schools, nor even our churches. Second, we are to teach them in the
everyday course of life as we go about our routines as a family.
Third, we are to teach them continuously by both our words and our
lives as we raise our children.

PRAYER:
O LORD God, please bless me as I seek to impart my faith to
others, especially to those in my family. Please bless me with a
consistent and faithful witness to them and the right words to say
when the time is right. Give me the courage and sensitivity to say
it with loving respect, and the courage to live as a strong
Christian example for my children and grandchildren. In Jesus' name
I pray. Amen.

www.heartlight.org

No comments: