Wednesday, October 17, 2007

VERSE:
I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my
name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his
reward.
Mark 9:41


THOUGHT:
This simple and clear passage cuts two ways: First, we are
blessed when we bless God's children, even if the blessing is
simple. Second, we can rejoice when others do the simplest things
to bless us in Jesus' name, because we receive the kindness and
grace of others and because God blesses that kindness with his
overwhelming grace. Bottom line -- let's live to be a blessing!
When we do, God is blessed. We are blessed. We bless others. In
addition, when others are gracious to us, God has also promised to
bless them. God pours his blessings out on all of us. In God's
miraculous economy, the more we bless each other, the more
blessings there are for everyone!

PRAYER:
Gracious and loving Father, please use me this week to be a
blessing to everyone around me. But this week, dear Father, please
lead me into the life of someone who desperately needs your grace.
Please give me discernment to see them when you bring them across
my path. Give me courage to reach out and bless them. Keep them on
my heart and help me as I seek to be a long-term blessing to them.
In Jesus' name I ask for your help and grace to use this
opportunity for your glory. Amen.

No comments: