Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Great Shepherd

Today's verse from Heartlight. I like this one.

VERSE:
May the God of peace ... that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip
you with everything good for doing his will. Hebrews 13:20-21

THOUGHT:
A good shepherd equips his sheep to face the trials of life. But
as Psalm 23 reminds us, no shepherd equips his sheep quite like the
ultimate Shepherd. Let's unleash his power in the lives of our
brothers and sisters in Christ by specifically praying for God to
equip them with everything they need to do his good work!

PRAYER:
O Great Shepherd of the sheep, please release the power of your
Spirit in your people and equip us to do great things in our day,
like the first Christians did in their day. May it all be done to
your glory, in the name of my hero, Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Jesus, our hero! He's a great Shepherd.. There's none like Him. He's the beginning and end, the Alpha and Omega! Who was, and is, and is to come!

I've always love to watch SciFi (when I get a chance to). I can imagine in my mind and heart that I see Jesus in a form of a hologram. I see His smile. I see the wind blowing through His hair. I see Him walking side by side with a staff like a Shepherd. When I fall, I see Him mentoring me. He's working in my life, equipping me with everything good for doing His will!! :)

Praise God for the Shepherd of Life!