Thursday, May 11, 2006

God Answers

God Answers A Prayer.

Have you asked God to help you with something this week? What are some of the ways he might answer your prayers.

Abraham's servant asked God for guidance in this very important task. Obviously Eliezer had learned much about faith about God from his master. What are your family members, friends, and associates learning about God from watching you? Be like Abraham, setting an example of dependent faith. And be like Eliezer, asking God for guidance before any venture. He knew the important of having the right heart and he asked God to help him his task.

O LORD, God of my master," he prayed. "Give me success and show kindness to my master, Abraham. Help me to accomplish the purpose of my journey. See, here I am, standing beside this spring, and the young women of the village are coming out to draw water. This is my request. I will ask one of them for a drink. If she says, 'Yes, certainly, and I will water your camels, too!'—let her be the one you have appointed as Isaac's wife. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master." As he was still praying, a young woman named Rebekah arrived with a water jug on her shoulder. Genesis 24:12-15

The man fell down to the ground and worshiped the LORD. "Praise be to the LORD, the God of my master, Abraham," he said. "The LORD has been so kind and faithful to Abraham, for he has led me straight to my master's relatives." Genesis 24:26-27

No comments: