Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Living In LOVE

Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Amen, Mark Lowenstein. http://marklowenstein.blogspot.com/

Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good.

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically. Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.

When God's children are in need, be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night.

If people persecute you because you are a Christian, don't curse them; pray that God will bless them. When others are happy, be happy with them. If they are sad, share their sorrow. Roman 12:9-15

If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen?
1 John 4:20

But anyone who does not love does not know God – for God is love.
1 John 4:8

Live in such a way that God's love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you.
Jude 1:21

Prayer:
Dear precious Father,

Let my love be genuine for everyone in heaven and on earth. Help me hate what is evil at all times and everywhere. Help me focus onto what is good. May I rejoice in hope and be patient in tribulation. Let me be constant in prayer. May I contribute to the needs of your holy people. Help me be very hospitable. Lord, help me to bless those who persecute me and help me to bless them, not to curse in return.

Jesus is Lord,
Amen

No comments: